Level 6 Paramedic Degree Apprenticeship (BSc Hons Paramedic Science) BSc (Hons)
- Level(s) of Study: Undergraduate
- UCAS Code(s): Not set
- Start Date(s): September 2023
- Duration: 3 years
- Study Mode(s): Block release
- Campus: Clifton Campus; NTU at Mansfield
Who is it for?
This apprenticeship is aimed at employees working in the NHS or independent ambulance services.
Why do the apprenticeship?
The degree apprenticeship can lead to eligibility for professional re-registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) as a Paramedic.
What are the benefits?
After graduating from this degree in Paramedic Science, you'll be eligible to apply for registration with the HCPC. Your career prospects in this field are excellent because of the current high demand for registered paramedics in urgent and emergency care settings, locally, nationally and internationally.
This programme will link theory and practice developing the necessary knowledge, skills and behaviours required by today's autonomous clinician.
We are ranked among the top 5 of UK universities for employer satisfaction, with a score of 92% for the quality of apprenticeship training provided (FE Choices Employer Satisfaction Survey 2019).
- Human Life Science
- Biopsychosocial Basis of Ill Health
- Foundations of Paramedic Practice
- Legal and Ethical Practice in Care
- Personal and Professional Identity
- Developing Paramedic Practice
- Pharmacology in Paramedic Practice
- Research and Evidence-based Practice
- Public Health and Wellbeing
- Paediatric and Obstetric Practice
- Enhancing Paramedic Practice
- Professional Practice, Supporting and Developing Others
- Specialist Practice
- Managing Complexity in Practice
- Dissertation Project
Campus and facilities
The purpose-built Health & Allied Professions (HAP) Centre is home to our world-class teaching, practice, research and scholarship in the Institute of Health and Allied Professions (IHAP).
Standard entry qualifications:
3 GCSE passes at grade C or grade 4 and above including Science, English, and Maths.
Alternative and equivalent Maths and English qualifications will be accepted. Please see the Level 3 list on the ESFA Apprenticeship standards for a list of acceptable current and prior qualifications for English and Maths requirements in apprenticeship standards at Level 2 and above.
GCSE Maths and English equivalent
- Level 2 Key Skills; Application of Number; Grade C at GSCE Maths; Level 2 Maths credits from an Access course
- *GCSE Science equivalents
- Science units gained on a Level 3 BTEC or National Diploma or Extended Diploma Qualification
- Science credits gained on Access to Higher Education Diplomas (at least 12 credits at Level 2 or 6 credits gained at Level 3)
Plus, one of the following:
- Recognised Ambulance Technician Qualification
- A-Levels totalling 112 UCAS points or equivalent
- BSc (Hons) in a health-related subject
Apprentices who cannot provide evidence of any of the above qualifications in English and/or Maths will need to complete a Level 2 Functional Skills Exam in the relevant subject area(s) prior to Gateway. Exams must be sat in person with an invigilator.
Prior to taking the Level 2 exam, we ask the apprentice to complete the BKSB Initial Assessment Tool in the relevant subject. This provides us with an indication of the apprentice’s current level; it also provides the apprentice with a list of the topics they are good at and the topics that they need to practise before taking the exam.
It may be that an apprentice scores 100% and there are no topics that they need to practise, meaning they are ready to sit the exam without further support or revision. Others may have a list of topics to practise and may wish to take advantage of some Functional Skills support prior to sitting the exam. The Functional Skills support would be provided by Runway Training with whom the Apprenticeship Team have a sub-contracting arrangement.
Unfortunately this course is not available for international students.
Fees and funding
- Unfortunately this course is not available for EU or international students.
How to apply
How to apply
Applications to this course can be made through our NTU Applicant Portal.
Candidates are not required to attend an interview for this course.
Applications for March 2022 entry close on 17th February 2022.
Places are subject to availability, therefore we would advise early application.
Information for your employer
We have lots of useful advice and guidance on our website to help you discuss your options with your employer.
Please read our notes on the University's commitment to delivering the educational services advertised.
Unfortunately this course is not available for EU or international students.