If you are interested in finding out more about apprenticeships at NTU and the support available to employers who take on an apprentice, request a call back from a member of our Apprenticeships team will be in contact to discuss your options.
NTU - Your apprenticeship partner
We have been successfully delivering higher and degree apprenticeships since 2015, providing training solutions to a wide range of businesses across the public and private sector.
Frequently asked questions
Have you got any questions? Here are some common apprenticeship FAQs.
Our dedicated team are ready to answer any questions you may have.
Discovery event for employers - Wednesday 15 June, 12pm
Interested in learning more about NTU apprenticeships? This 90 minute lunchtime event is designed to help employers thinking about taking on an apprentice to learn more. We will be outlining why you should choose us as your training provider, highlighting the benefits of an apprenticeship and providing guidance on sector-specific courses.
Benefits for small to medium-sized organisations (less than 250 employees)
- We can alleviate the pressures of SMEs looking to access apprenticeships by providing support with recruitment, facilitating levy transfers and providing free mentor training so you can focus on your business objectives.
- Apprenticeships provide you with a productive and effective way to grow talent and develop a motivated, skilled, and qualified workforce.
- We work closely with businesses to create courses that are built and adapted to the immediate needs of organisations like yours, to ensure apprentices are trained in line with your company’s priorities.
- Apprenticeships provide you with an opportunity to diversify your workforce, bringing in new ideas to your organisation and actively aiding succession planning.
- Apprenticeships act as a cost-effective solution to expand your business and develop new departments to aid company growth and innovation.
Benefits for large organisations
- Apprenticeships are an effective way to use Government funding to upskill your employees by gaining internationally recognised qualifications.
- Apprenticeships can improve the reputation and service delivery of your company: 90% of apprentices staying in their place of work after completion.
- We work closely with you to support your employees, developing the skills and knowledge directly relevant and beneficial to their day-to-day job.
- We can provide you with access to a dedicated apprenticeships team, all with extensive commercial experience or working alongside large organisations to deliver effective apprenticeship solutions tailored to your business.
Recruiting an Apprentice with NTU
Watch the video below to learn more about recruiting an apprentice with us.
Take a look at the higher and degree apprenticeships we have on offer. Apprentices will need to meet our entry requirements, which differ depending on the programme. Browse our current apprenticeship vacancies here.
Business and Administration
Childcare and Education
Level 6 Teacher Degree Apprenticeship
Leading to Qualified Teacher Status
Level 6 Chartered Surveyor Degree Apprenticeship (Building Surveyor Pathway)
Studying BSc (Hons) Building Surveying
Level 6 Chartered Surveyor Degree Apprenticeship (Quantity Surveyor Pathway)
Studying BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management
Level 6 Chartered Surveyor Degree Apprenticeship (Real Estate)
Studying BSc (Hons) Real Estate
Level 6 Civil Engineering Degree Apprenticeship
Studying BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering
Level 7 Architect Degree Apprenticeship
Studying MArch Architecture in Practice
Level 6 Digital and Technology Solutions Professional Degree Apprenticeship
Studying BSc (Hons) Digital and Technology Solutions (Software Engineering)
Level 6 Data Scientist Degree Apprenticeship
Studying BSc (Hons) Data Science
Food and Drink
Level 3 Food Technologist Advanced Apprenticeship
Studying Level 3 Diploma in Food Technology
Level 6 Food Industry Technical Professional Degree Apprenticeship
Studying BSc (Hons) Food Science and Technology
Level 4 Hygiene Specialist Higher Apprenticeship
Certificate of Higher Education as a Hygiene Specialist
Health and Science
Level 5 Nursing Associate Higher Apprenticeship
Studying Nursing Associate Foundation Degree
Level 6 Healthcare Science Practitioner Degree Apprenticeship
Studying BSc (Hons) Applied Biomedical Science
Level 6 Paramedic Degree Apprenticeship
Studying BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science
Level 6 Registered Nurse Degree Apprenticeship
Studying BSc (Hons) Nursing
Level 6 Laboratory Scientist Degree Apprenticeship
Studying BSc (Hons) Chemistry
Level 7 Solicitor Masters Apprenticeship
Studying LLB (Hons) Law and LLM
Level 6 Social Worker Degree Apprenticeship
Studying BA (Hons) Social Work
Take a look at the higher and degree apprenticeships we have coming up.
Agriculture, environmental and animal care
Level 7 Ecologist Masters Apprenticeship
Studying MSc Biodiversity Conservation
Childcare and education
Level 5 Learning and Skills Teacher Higher Apprenticeship
Qualification to be confirmed
Level 6 Construction Quantity Surveyor Degree Apprenticeship
Studying BSc (Hons) in Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management
Level 6 Construction Site Management Degree Apprenticeship
Studying BSc (Hons) Construction Management
Wed. 18 May 2022
NBS co-create the British Business Bank’s Green Decoder
As part of the British Business Bank’s #GreenToGrow campaign, NBS has co-created the Green Decoder, an online guide to help businesses decipher the terminology surrounding decarbonisation.
Business support and upskilling opportunities available in the Kirkby and Sutton areas
Tue. 03 May 2022
BA (Hons) Business Management and Human Resources students blaze the trail at NBS and CIPD Careers in HR event
Wed. 06 Apr. 2022
NBS and ESSCA Paris students work together on new Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL) project
Thu. 31 Mar. 2022
Funding for SMEs to recruit a marketing graduate and receive marketing consultancy
Fri. 21 Jan. 2022