If you need a bit of a helping hand figuring out your finances during your time at Nottingham Trent University (NTU), our Student Financial Support Service is here to help. We can check your entitlement to government funding as well as your eligibility to apply for various bursaries, scholarships and hardship funds, and get you back on track if you run into difficulties.
Student Financial Support Service
- entitlement to government loans for your tuition fees and living costs
- eligibility for additional funding and benefits if you have children, adult dependants or are disabled
- maximising your income, money management and budgeting advice
- applying to the Discretionary Hardship Fund and other available funds
- negotiating with your bank or other creditors
- the availability of funding if you have studied in higher education before
- how your funding can be affected if your circumstances change, including if you need to withdraw, suspend your studies or make some other change to your course of study
- signposting to other services.
You don’t have to be experiencing financial difficulties to use these services. Our advisers can also work with you to maximise your income and plan a realistic budget, helping you to prevent problems before they arise.