Our Student Financial Support Advisers can meet with you to check that you’re receiving all the money you’re entitled to and offer advice on budgeting and money management.
- NTU Estranged Student Bursary: £1000 to help towards living costs to eligible students who start their studies at NTU in 2021.
- NTU Bursaries for 2021 entry: We will be awarding a cash bursary of £750 per year to eligible full-time UK home undergraduate degree or foundation degree students who start University in 2021.
- Money management workshops: Contact us to join our Money Ready for NTU Workshop and learn how to budget at university.
- Student Finance independent status: Apply for independent student status and the amount of maintenance loan (for living costs) you are entitled to will be higher.
Supporting you in your application
Many students can find the application processes complicated or stressful. If you would like any support in completing your application, then get in touch. We will be happy to help.
If you are an estranged student, please contact us so we can advise you of what NTU has to offer. You can do this at any stage, even before you have made an application.
You can also chat to current NTU students. Get honest answers about university life, accommodation and hear about current students' own experiences.
Having a University tour guide can help you to get the most out of our open days. Your guide will be able to take you to all the best spots around campus, answer any questions you have and ensure you are getting all the information you need about your course and university life.
For estranged students, NTU offers accommodation in halls of residence over vacation periods, so that you can remain living in your halls over summer.
You can also apply to return to halls in your second and final years if you wish.
If you’re struggling to find the cash for your accommodation deposit, we will cover the cost until your student loan has come through for NTU Accommodation.
Academic and wellbeing support
Careers and placement support
You will have a specialist contact within the Employability Team.
Your contact will help you access career consultants, job fairs and employability workshops.
- Rise work experience fund: To fund unpaid work experience for up to 4 weeks.
- Rise sandwich placement bursary: To fund the expenses of your sandwich placement.
- Rise progression fund: To support interview and assessment costs for final year students.
- Placement support programme: For second year undergraduate students to boost confidence and resilience in seeking and securing placements
- Future You Scheme: Job alerts, invitations to events, and career coaching for final year students. The scheme also offers 6-week fully paid graduate internship opportunities at NTU.
- NTU Graduate Development Programme: 13-month job roles (£23,000 a year commencing in the summer) based in the University professional services departments and provide developmental opportunities to help you gain skills and experience.
Stand Alone Pledge
NTU has committed to the Stand Alone Pledge. Further information about the work of the Stand Alone team can be found online.