Welcome to NTU Dance, a club that allows for rhythm, movement, and unforgettable memories!
Trent Dance is not just a society; it's a vibrant dance community that welcomes students from all walks of life to share their love for movement and rhythm.
With a diverse array of dance styles and a supportive atmosphere, we are the place where your dance dreams come to life. Whether you're a seasoned dancer or taking your very first steps, Trent Dance is the club to join!
Join us, make lifelong friends, and experience the joy of dance like never before. Let's dance our way through university life together!
Trent Dance is all about dance, fun, and big wins!
What Makes Us Special:
- All Dance Styles: From Ballet to Hip Hop, we've got it all for dancers of every level.
- Awesome Instructors: Our instructors are passionate about helping you become the best dancer you can be.
- Fun and Friendship: Trent Dance is a family where you'll make lifelong friends.
- Show Off Your Moves: Whether you're performing on big stages or dancing for fun, we've got plenty of chances for you to shine.
- Spectacular Annual Show: Our latest annual show wowed the crowd with incredible performances, showcasing the talent and dedication of our members.
- Champion Dancers: Trent Dance proudly collected 25 trophies from various competitions we attended, even winning Best Overall Team Spirit!
- Varsity Triumph: Our fantastic dance performances at Ice-hockey, Futsal, and Basketball in Varsity events helped bring even more university pride to these intense matches.
Trent Dance is where you can have fun, improve your skills, and celebrate success. Follow us on social media, try our taster sessions, and join our exciting dance community. We're not just a dance club; we're a family, and we'd love to have you dance with us!
How to get involved
We have an audition process in order to be able to join any of our competition teams, which goes as follows: book on to the audition on the NTU Sport app, attend the audition and perform a short routine taught by the choreographer! You will be contacted by email, letting you know if you have made the team - you can audition for as many or as few teams as you would like!
Our training sessions are as follows:
Monday (Clifton Studio - Lee Westwood Sports Centre, Clifton Campus):
- Advanced Contemporary 7 pm-8.30 pm
- Advanced Hip-Hop 8.30 pm-10 pm
Tuesday (Clifton Studio - Lee Westwood Sports Centre, Clifton Campus):
- Advanced Jazz 8 pm-9 pm
- Commercial (2nd Year+) 9 pm-10 pm
Wednesday (Clifton Studio - Lee Westwood Sports Centre, Clifton Campus)
- Open Class 1 pm-2 pm
- Intermediate Hip-Hop 2 pm-3 pm
- Tap 3 pm-4 pm
- Advanced Lyrical 4 pm-5 pm
Wednesday (City Studio - Student Union, City Campus)
- Open Class 2 pm-3 pm
- Open Class 3 pm-4 pm
Sunday (City Studio - Student Union, City Campus)
- Intermediate Lyrical 12 pm-1 pm
- Intermediate Contemporary 1 pm-2 pm
- Intermediate Jazz 2 pm-3 pm
- Ballet 3 pm-4 pm
Our Open Classes will vary in style and as a paying member of NTU Dance, you can attend as many Open Classes as you would like.
Membership costs £90 for the full year! This includes the cost of costumes too.
Apart from classes, we have a range of socials, such as the infamous Ocean Wednesdays, Christmas meal and our annual awards night. Apart from this, we offer a range of sober socials too, such as pottery painting, ice-skating and move nights! Trent Dance has opportunities for everyone to make friends and have a good time.
Celine Penalver: firstname.lastname@example.org