Men's hockey is one of NTU Sports designated performance programmes. As a performance programme, a selected squad of talented student athletes receive access to the following benefits:
- A programme lead by either a Full or Part Time Head of Sport/Head Coach
- Access to coach lead Strength & Conditioning programmes – both face to face in the High Performance Centre at Clifton Campus and via remote programming
- Free access to physiotherapy/sports therapy both via online consultation, face to face treatment and on pitch/on court support when returning to activity
- Free NTU Sport Performance kit
- Free off – peak membership to NTU Sport facilities
- Access to group interventions in sports psychology and sports lifestyle.
We train and play at the Astro pitch based at Clifton Campus, we run a number of social events during the year that involve the whole of NTU hockey as well as having separate Men’s hockey events. Our Men’s, Women’s and IM programmes work together on charity fundraisers and community projects throughout the year to help maintain the profile of Men’s hockey being a top club at NTU both on and off the pitch.
We currently have 6 BUCS teams who play on Wednesday’s at differing levels. Our 1st XI are currently playing in the BUCS National League the top league in the UK and our 2nds, 3rds & 4ths have all gained promotion in the last few years and now play at the highest possible leagues for their level. We also have 4 weekend teams who play on a Saturday at a competitive level throughout Midlands leagues.
The 6 BUCS teams train twice a week, once on a Sunday/Monday or Tuesday and once on a Thursday & Friday. Timings are confirmed during welcome week.
The 1st XI have two supervised gym (S&C) sessions a week, the 2nd XI have a supervised gym (S&C) session once a week. Our performance players have access to Physiotheraphy & our BUCS playing members can do so at a discounted rate.
Our Head of Hockey is Jack Rhodes (firstname.lastname@example.org).
NTU hockey offers regular games in organised leagues across the University. Enter your own team into the league or we can allocate you a team. These leagues offer weekly fixtures during term time, coordinated by NTU Sport staff and officiated by qualified match officials.
No NTU Sport membership is required. You simply pay the weekly fee each time you play.
Find out more about internal sport leagues