NTU Women's Basketball is a high performing programme at NTU, many of our players play for our NTU National League team, who compete in the NBL division 1, as well as BUCS 1st team.
Since our move to a standalone club (from the men's club) we have grown substantially and can cater for more student athletes than ever before, with 2 teams competing in BUCS. Even though both teams will show the highest level of ambition and competition on court, we celebrate our friendship together off court.
We are able to offer a wide range of opportunities to players with all abilities! Our basketball community has become really close and we all enjoy social events together.
Women's Basketball are one of NTU Sport designated performance programmes. As a performance programme, a selected squad of talented student athletes receive access to the following benefits:
- A programme lead by either a Full or Part Time Head of Sport/Head Coach
- Access to coach lead Strength & Conditioning programmes – both face to face in the High Performance Centre at Clifton Campus and via remote programming
- Free access to physiotherapy/sports therapy both via online consultation, face to face treatment and on pitch/on court support when returning to activity
- Free NTU Sport Performance kit
- Free off – peak membership to NTU Sport facilities
- Access to group interventions in sports psychology and sports lifestyle.
Women's Basketball have a number of teams who take place in BUCS fixtures/competitions representing Nottingham Trent University. Teams who take part in BUCS training receive access too:
- Transport to away fixtures/events across the country
- Priority access to training sessions, held where possible on NTU facilities
- Support from the NTU Sport Co-ordinator in the organisation and facilitation of all elements of fixtures/event organisation.
We have a National League Team competing in National League 1, the highest league in the country (outside WBBL)., They play weekend fixtures, containing the very best student and local talent.
We currently have 2 teams competing in the BUCS league in which games takes place every Wednesday. In 2019/2020 season 1st team participated in the 1st Division and 2nd team in the 3rd Division. NTU Women's Basketball also compete in NTU's biggest fixture of the year: the Basketball Varsity match.
Training sessions take place at both City campus and Clifton campus. Basketballs are provided and sessions are open to trialists who make the squad or current team players.
Louise Waghorn is the head coach and coach for 1st team
Playing sport doesn’t have to mean a big, long-term commitment, we run regular Play for Fun sessions that focus on making sport sociable, inclusive and enjoyable.
There is no requirement to join the club, all sessions must be booked in advance on the NTU Sport App.
How to join
Come along to our taster sessions in the first term - it's completely free and there is no obligation to sign up.
In order to compete in the BUCS league with one of our Trent teams, you will have to have an NTU sports membership and pay an affiliation fee.