NTU Men’s Basketball is one of the largest and most highly respected clubs at Nottingham Trent University, with over 300 trialists last year who competed for spots on our three BUCS teams, Local League team and development team.
Men's Basketball are one of NTU Sport designated performance programmes. As a performance programme, a selected squad of talented student athletes receive access to the following benefits:
- A programme lead by either a Full or Part Time Head of Sport/Head Coach
- Access to coach lead Strength & Conditioning programmes – both face to face in the High Performance Centre at Clifton Campus and via remote programming
- Free access to physiotherapy/sports therapy both via online consultation, face to face treatment and on pitch/on court support when returning to activity
- Free NTU Sport Performance kit
- Free off – peak membership to NTU Sport facilities
- Access to group interventions in sports psychology and sports lifestyle
Men's Basketball have a number of teams who take place in BUCS fixtures/competitions representing Nottingham Trent University. Teams who take part in BUCS training receive access to:
- Transport to away fixtures/events across the country
- Priority access to training sessions, held where possible on NTU facilities
- Support from the NTU Sport Co-ordinator in the organisation and facilitation of all elements of fixtures/event organisation
NTU Men’s Basketball has three BUCS teams which compete every Wednesday, and three local League teams.
NTU Men's Basketball has unbelievable talent across all teams who pride themselves having consistently won one of the biggest events in Varsity against University of Nottingham over the last 5 years.
Through our partnership with Nottingham Hoods, we have a joint team competing in National League 2. We also enter a 4ths team in a local league competition offering more competitive opportunities for our members.
Training sessions take place at both City campus and Clifton campus. Basketballs are provided and sessions are open to trialists who make the squad or current team players.
Playing sport doesn’t have to mean a big, long-term commitment, we run regular Play for Fun sessions that focus on making sport sociable, inclusive and enjoyable.
There is no requirement to join the club, all sessions must be booked in advance on the NTU Sport App.
How to join
The annual joining fee is £150.
Memberships purchased at any point during the academic year are only valid until the end of term 3.
Club email - NTUMensBasketball@ntu.ac.uk
Dan Watts - email@example.com
-Instagram - @ntu_mensbasketball
-Twitter - @trentbasketball
-Facebook - @NTUMensBasketball