Welcome to NTU Netball!
Netball are one of NTU Sport designated performance programmes. As a performance programme, a selected squad of talented student athletes receive access to the following benefits:
- A programme lead by either a Full or Part Time Head of Sport/Head Coach
- Access to coach lead Strength & Conditioning programmes – both face to face in the High Performance Centre at Clifton Campus and via remote programming
- Free access to physiotherapy/sports therapy both via online consultation, face to face treatment and on pitch/on court support when returning to activity
- Free NTU Sport Performance kit
- Free off–peak membership to NTU Sport facilities
- Access to group interventions in sports psychology and sports lifestyle
Netball is an exciting, fast and skilful game. It is a game in which two teams of seven players each strive to keep or gain possession of the ball. Players are assigned specific positions, which define their roles within the team and restrict their movement to certain areas of the court. During general play, a player with the ball can hold onto it for only three seconds before shooting for a goal or passing to another player.
Our head coach is Louise Hopkin (email@example.com) who brings a wealth of coaching experience spanning 20 years including England Netball Pathways coach for Nottinghamshire County Academy and Loughborough Lightning Super League Academies coach, working across all age (6 years). Louise is currently a U21s Coach at Loughborough Lightning Academy. Louise has previously had various support and delivery roles within secondary education. Including; Tutor, Head of Careers Education and Enterprise Lead.
Our lead coach (3s and 4s) is Constance Xavier. Connie has supported the netball coaching at NTU across many academic years. A former police officer and founder of the Nottinghamshire Sirens Netball Club (police team). Connie has many a netball hat from club regional netball (East Midlands) to Nottinghamshire County Academy Development head coach to U15 Loughborough Lightning hub coach. Connie is currently the Team Manager for the U21s Loughborough Lightning Academy.
Our teams include:
- 1st Team: Midlands 1A
- 2nd Team: Midlands 3B
- 3rd Team: Midlands 4B
- 4th Team: Midlands 4A
- 5th Team: Midlands 6B
- Development City: Nottinghamshire Netball Winter League, Division 2
- Development Brackenhurst: Nottinghamshire Netball Winter League, Division3
- Social, Play for Fun
Our training schedule is:
- Performance strength and conditioning (HPC)
- BUCS 3s & 4s (18:00-19:30, Lee Westwood Sports Centre)
- Performance analysis (Lee Westwood seminar room)
- Performance court session (19:30-21:00, Lee Westwood Sports Centre)
- Shooting workshop (10:00-12:00, City)
- Play for fun (17:00-18:00, City)
- 5s & Development (18:00-19:30, City)
- IM fixtures (14:00-17:00)
- BUCs fixtures
- Mixed play for fun (17:00-18:00, City)
- Performance strength and conditioning (17:00-18:00, HPC)
- Performance court (18:00-19:30, Lee Westwood Sport Centre)
- BUCS/Mens court (19:30-20:30)
- Mens Netball (10:00-12:00)
How to join
To join our BUCs squads there are allocated trails dates in Fresher’s week. To attend a trial, you must sign your name up by attending a Fresher’s fair at Brackenshurt, City or Clifton. If you are successful through our trials you will be assigned to a squad.
BUCS and Development membership is £150 (including NTU Sports fee) with an additional cost for kit. Memberships purchased at any point during the academic year are only valid until the end of term 3.
NTU Netball Dress is available on registration to a club squad this can be purchased and obtained through the club / NTU sport
NTU Netball offers regular games in organised leagues across the University. Enter your own team into the league or we can allocate you a team. These leagues offer weekly fixtures during term time, coordinated by NTU Sport staff and officiated by qualified match officials.
No NTU Sport membership is required. You simply pay the weekly fee each time you play.
Playing netball doesn’t have to mean a big, long-term commitment, we run regular Play for Fun sessions that focus on making sport sociable, inclusive and enjoyable.
There is no requirement to join the club, all sessions must be booked in advance on the NTU Sport App.