Welcome to Women’s Lacrosse!
Lacrosse is one of NTU Sport designated performance programmes. As a performance programme, a selected squad of talented student athletes receive access to the following benefits:
- A programme lead by either a Full or Part Time Head of Sport/Head Coach
- Access to coach lead Strength & Conditioning programmes – both face to face in the High Performance Centre at Clifton Campus and via remote programming
- Free access to physiotherapy/sports therapy both via online consultation, face to face treatment and on pitch/on court support when returning to activity
- Free NTU Sport Performance kit
- Free off – peak membership to NTU Sport facilities
- Access to group interventions in sports psychology and sports lifestyle
We currently have three BUCS women’s teams who compete on a Wednesday at varying levels. Our 1st team play in the top BUCS Northern Premiership whilst our 2nd and 3rd teams compete at the top of their respective leagues.
Our women’s first team train three times a week and have supervised S&C session two or three times a week. Our women’s 2nd and 3rd teams train twice a week with sessions run by an experienced coach.
How to join
We run taster sessions for both men and women during Welcome Week at the start of the academic year. Sign up is not required, so please feel free to come along.
Fees to join are £130 for the year. Memberships purchased at any point during the academic year are only valid until the end of term 3.
Please keep an eye on our social media accounts for more details closer to the time, or feel free to drop us an email if you have any questions!
All players who represent the club in BUCS will need to buy playing shirt, shorts when they join (the cost of the shirt is subsidised by the department), which will then be theirs to keep. Lacrosse equipment will be loaned from the club for a period of a season. These items are all purchasable from Lee Westwood Sports Centre on Clifton Campus.
We offer bursaries for talented lacrosse players. We welcome applications from all players, which will then be assessed for suitability for a scholarship award.
Further details on scholarships, including the application form, are available here.