Lee Westwood Sports Centre, Clifton
Named after the former world number one golfer and honorary graduate, the Lee Westwood Sports Centre is the home of sport at NTU.
Explore our Clifton facilities
The facilities at our Clifton Campus cater for all levels of ability and experience from beginner to elite athlete, so whatever your goals, you'll find what you need to have fun and train hard.
At the Lee Westwood Sports Centre you'll find:
- a multi-purpose double sports hall with viewing gallery - suitable for a variety of sports including badminton, volleyball and five-a-side football
- a fully floodlit sand-based all weather Astro-turf pitch, suitable for football and hockey
- three brand new glass-backed squash courts suitable for all standards of play from beginner to elite competition
- an exercise studio to cater for all your exercise class needs
- a second sports hall, with an enormous open space suitable for a variety of activities including cheerleading, fencing and a variety of martial arts disciplines
- a combination of grass pitches for football, rugby and cricket (in the summer)
- a newly refurbished fitness suite.
You'll get access to all of this and more with NTU Sport membership.
Clifton Campus is also home to our sports science department, who work with elite athletes in a variety of sports. Elite sport facilities include:
- a purpose-built High Performance Centre to provide an innovative range of equipment and techniques to assist with the development of our athletes.
- a sports science laboratory for research and performance testing to aid the continued progression of our athletes
- a sports therapy clinic with services including physiotherapy, sports massage, psychology and nutritional advice
- a nutrition centre to help elite athletes deal with complex and precise dietary requirements
- a seminar room suitable for up to 20 people, kitted out with the latest presentation equipment.
Fitness classes at Lee Westwood Sports Centre
There's a whole range of fitness classes and sports clubs for you to take part in. Check out our fitness class timetables and book a class today.
Health and fitness consultations
Our health and fitness consultation service is a great way to ensure that you achieve maximum benefit from your workout and your NTU Sport Membership. Find out more on our consultations page.
We offer one-to-one instructor-led sessions to NTU Sport members for a fraction of your average personal training price. The packages range from 3 hours to 8 hours with your dedicated qualified fitness instructor. Within your package you will receive an initial assessment, a Boditrax scan and a personalised programme. To book please visit either City or Clifton sports facilities reception desk or by telephone (0115 848 3219).