National Apprenticeship Week 2020
Join NTU for an event schedule celebrating National Apprenticeship Week 2020. Running from 3-7 February, we have events tailored for both potential apprentices and employers.
Look beyond with Apprenticeships at Nottingham Trent University
National Apprenticeship Week 2020 is aimed at highlighting the range of opportunities available to apprentices looking to blaze their own career trail, as well as employers looking for an innovative, cost effective solution to their recruitment needs.
There are a number of tangible benefits for both individuals and employers, as well as the community and wider economy. The introduction of the mandatory apprenticeship levy, as well as funding opportunities for smaller employers, including the current High Level Skills for SMEs project, presents a chance for businesses to maximise this opportunity.
This year Nottingham Trent University will be hosting two main events to celebrate National Apprenticeship Week 2020. These events are aimed at engaging both potential apprentices and the wider business community and will showcase the vast choice of apprenticeship opportunities within Nottingham.
Meet the Employer
Wednesday 5 February 2020, 1 pm - 6 pm NTU Clifton Campus
NTU invites potential higher and degree apprentices to visit our Clifton Campus to meet employers across a variety of sectors and industries keen to recruit new talent through an apprenticeships at NTU. Discover more about this alternative route into higher education. Whether you're studying or have completed your A Levels or Level 3 vocational qualification, or you are a tutor who wishes to bring along your students, we welcome all to attend.
The Nottingham Apprenticeships Conference
Thursday 6 February 2020, 8 am - 2 pm, Trent Bridge Cricket Ground
Are you an employer interested in learning more about apprenticeships and the tangible benefits they can bring to you and your business? Are you a large organisation looking to spend your levy? Or are you an SME interested in potential support and funding opportunities available to you? If so, this event can provide you with guidance and advice for you to be able to begin accessing the many benefits apprenticeships offer.
Hosted alongside Nottingham College and Nottingham Jobs, this event will provide businesses with the opportunity to network, and attend industry specific round table discussions to learn about apprenticeship routes most pertinent to you and your business.
Our partners for this conference
If you've thought about taking on an apprentice, or want your current staff to gain new skills which will benefit your business, Nottingham Jobs can help you.
Nottingham Jobs is a unique and effective service for employers and job seekers in Nottingham. Working in partnership with some of the city's most highly regarded employment, skills and training partners, including Nottingham City Council, the Futures Group and the Department for Work and Pensions.
Nottingham Jobs has a proven track record of providing impartial advice to both Apprenticeship Levy and non-Levy paying employers, helping to navigate some of the complexities, dispel myths and demonstrate the benefits apprenticeships can bring. The support they can offer includes:
- Identifying the right training provider and qualification for your business and workforce needs
- Supporting your relationship with your chosen training provider so they deliver exactly what you want
- Helping you access the Nottingham Jobs Fund to support your apprenticeship
- Supporting you to align the 20% off-the-job requirements to fit in with your business needs
- Supporting you to understand how apprenticeships work, including duration, teaching, assessment and completion
To learn more about how Nottingham Jobs can support your business, visit their website, or contact Phill Yates at Phill.Yates@nottinghamcity.gov.uk.
As one of Nottingham's top training providers, Nottingham College offer a wide range of Apprenticeships, work placements and bespoke training solutions, all designed to meet your business needs.
Currently working in partnership with over 2,000 local businesses, ranging from small or medium enterprises to large corporate employers, Nottingham College delivers training and support that makes a real difference to their business.
Their apprenticeship frameworks are designed by employers for employers to ensure that they support businesses to grow and prosper, and with more than 80 different apprenticeships on offer, Nottingham College are sure to have something that works for your business.
There are many benefits to partnering with Nottingham College, including:
- Dedicated recruitment support: Nottingham College's expert recruitment team will work closely with you throughout the recruitment process to ensure you hire the right apprentice to support your business needs. You name the vacancy and they'll find the right person to fill it
- Funding and grants advice: Nottingham College advisors will talk you through the various funding and grant support that your business can apply for, and find the right solution for you
- Cost effective growth: apprentices are a lower cost option to grow your business, particularly if you're looking to move into a new area of business, or boost capacity without major financial risk
- Flexible assessments: Nottingham College can arrange for your apprentice to be assessed at one of their centres or come to your business site, depending on what works best for you
- Grow your own talent: 90% of apprentices stay in employment after completing their qualification, meaning you can develop your staff your way and equip them with what they need to have a long-term impact on your business.