How to Book NTU Accommodation
The process of booking depends on what type of accommodation you need. You can read below in more detail about the options and how to book NTU accommodation and securing private accommodation through NTU.
Booking your accommodation is a big step. To help you understand the process and find a place that’s right for you, we’ve put together this guide.
Preparing to book accommodation
- To book NTU accommodation you will need to make us your firm - first choice on UCAS Track, or accept your offer on our applicant portal if you applied directly.
- You should spend some time looking through our accommodation options. Work out what your budget is, the best location for you to get where you need to be, and anything else that may be important for your living space. If you need any help or advice on choosing where to live, check out our guides to NTU accommodation
- It's a good idea to pick out a few different options, including private providers for City Campus accommodation, as our most popular residences get booked up quickly. The options you can book though NTU include:
- NTU accommodation
- Private halls of residence
- You can also look directly in the private sector for halls of residence and accredited shared housing
Book NTU accommodation
These steps apply for undergraduates, postgraduates and mature students booking accommodation in NTU halls of residence, flats and studios.
Our online accommodation system opens for new students on Wednesday 30 March 2022. If you are a student who has firmly accepted your offer to study with NTU, you can apply for accommodation from this date.
You will need your NTU ID number to log into the accommodation booking system. After making NTU your first choice, it can take two working days for your NTU ID number and password to start working. Don’t leave this step to the last minute if you want the best chance of securing your preferred accommodation.
The first time you log in with your NTU ID you will enter it on the My Password page and you'll be prompted to create your own password which will allow you to start the booking process. When you're ready to book, choose the residence, flat and room you would like using our online booking system.
When you're happy with your accommodation choice, check all the details and click 'Pay'. You will be required to pay a £200 refundable damage deposit at this stage. After this step:
- conditional offer holders won't need to do anything else at this stage. You will receive an email when your offer has been updated to complete this step.
- unconditional offer holders will need to set up a payment plan and confirm which bank account you plan to use to pay your accommodation fees.
- If you are allocated a room in university or university allocated halls of residence and accept it whilst holding a conditional offer, and are unsuccessful in obtaining a place to study at NTU, your room allocation will be withdrawn and your application cancelled. If you had paid any upfront fees, these will be refunded to you in full, but there may be a small delay in the refund being processed.
Book private halls through NTU
These steps apply to undergraduates students booking private halls of residence through NTU .
You should spend some time looking through our accommodation options. Work out what your budget is, the best location for you to get where you need to be, and anything else that may be important for your living space. If you need any help or advice on choosing where to live check out our guides to private accommodation.
The private hall providers ensure their standards closely align to that of NTU's own halls of residence and don't worry, we make sure you're not forgotten about when it comes to settling in and finding your way around. Many of these halls have their own NTU Fresher Reps to help you during Welcome Week. For more information about the accommodation providers please view our private halls of residence page.
If you are a new undergraduate student looking for accommodation, you will be able to apply for accommodation from Wednesday 30 March 2022. You will be asked to complete our online request form and keep an eye on your emails, we'll be back in touch shortly after.
If you are a postgraduate or returning NTU student looking for accommodation please contact our Accommodation team by email or phone on +44 (0)115 848 2894.
Get ready to move in!
Congratulations! We look forward to welcoming you to your new home from home.
It’s a good time to start thinking about what you need to bring with you. You can find more information in your Residence Handbook, but we’d recommend bringing:
- pots and pans
- crockery and cutlery
- cooking utensils
- duvet, pillows and bedding
- home comforts
UniKitOut provide bespoke student packages from kitchen to bedding packs, and all the extras you might need for your new home, at discounted rates. You can get your pack delivered directly to your new accommodation so it's waiting for you when you get here. Save 10% on your UniKitOut order with the discount code 'TRENT10'.
If you’ve booked NTU accommodation you can move into your accommodation from September. We will send you detailed arrival information by email when you complete your booking, and you'll find it on our accommodation welcome site in the weeks before your arrival.
If you’ve booked accommodation with a private provider you will receive further details from your provider.
Should you have any questions relating to arrivals please contact your residence directly.
Book Mansfield accommodation
NTU will soon have two properties to offer Mansfield students – one six bed property (shared) and one four bed property (studio flats). Until these properties are confirmed these will not be available to book online. In the meantime, if you would like to register your interest or find out more information, please fill out our form here.
If you want to explore other accommodation options near Mansfield campus please contact our partner provider Purseglove Property.
Please note, Purseglove Property manage properties on behalf of private landlords. These properties are not owned or managed by NTU.
To enquire about what properties Purseglove have to offer, follow these steps:
- Email Purseglove Property to request an accommodation application form.
- Include your name, student number, phone number and email address.
- Return your completed form to Purseglove Property, who will send you details of their available residences, opportunities to view and answer any questions.
- When your offer of a place on the course is confirmed, you'll need to pay a damage deposit of £300 within seven days. This will be refundable if you don't achieve the required grades to attend NTU in Mansfield, or at the end of your tenancy if there is no damage to the property.
- References will be checked when you're made an offer for accommodation and have paid your damage deposit – depending on the outcome, a guarantor may be required.
- Your rent due dates will be stated in your tenancy agreement and payments should be arranged by direct debit. Your first payment will be due before you are issued keys to the property.
Alternatively, Mansfield students can book any of our halls of residence via our online booking system, including those in the city centre.
If you choose to live in the city centre, travelling to Mansfield campus will take approximately 35 minutes on the bus, which leave every fifteen minutes from Nottingham.
If you have any further queries please email us.
Book flexible or January start accommodation
You can find out what accommodation we have available for January starts and on a flexible basis on our guide to accommodation.
When you’re ready to book your September or January start accommodation, please email the Student Accommodation team with your NTU ID and contract preference. Subject to availability, we will send you the booking contract and instructions.
You will then need to:
- Pay the deposit, and term fees upfront (within the deadline given)
- Read, sign, and return contract and terms and conditions (within the deadline given)
- If applying for a January 51-week contract, in addition to the above, you must set up a payment plan for term 2 and 3 payments before arrival
As part of our flexible and January start contracts in Sandby Residence, we will provide bed packs for your arrival. This will include items such as a duvet, bedding and a towel. As a courtesy, NTU will also provide a kitchen pack which is to be shared amongst residents in the flat. This will include items such as pans and utensils. For more information on what these may include, please email the Student Accommodation team. You may also want to think about bringing crockery and cutlery and home comforts.
If you take a contract starting in January, then you will be able to cancel as long as you inform us before the end of December. Once this deadline has passed you will need to pay rent for the entire period of the contract.
Booking flexible accommodation
To book one of our 10-week PEAP contracts, email the Student Accommodation team.
Review a current booking
You can review your accommodation booking through our online booking service.