Your Starting at NTU Checklist
Before you arrive at NTU there are a few things you need to do to make your transition to University as smooth as possible. From enrolment to funding, course inductions to meeting new people – we're here for you every step of the way.
1. Start by completing your enrolment online. To officially register as a student with NTU, you will need to enrol at the start of every academic year.
2. Order your NTU Student Card by uploading a passport-style photo to our portal.
You'll be able to collect your student card in person from our Student Services Centre in the Newton building on our City Campus.
Activate your card as soon as you receive it – step 6 on our how to enrol page explains why it's so important to activate your card.
3. Before you arrive at NTU it’s important that you make sure your funding is in place (UK students).
International students will need to make arrangements to pay the rest of your tuition fees in full, or set up a plan to pay your fees in instalments. You'll be asked to do this as part of online enrolment. When you arrive and open a UK bank account you can change the payment details on your instalment plan, if necessary. You can find detailed information on paying your fees on our International pages.
4. Find your course induction timetable and complete your pre-arrival task. Most courses have a pre-arrival task, designed to get you thinking about your subject. The task is an important part of your induction, so complete it before you arrive.
5. Once you have completed your enrolment, you’ll be able to access NOW (NTU's Online Workspace). Log in using your NTU username and password. NOW offers resources and information to support your studies and enables you to organise all aspects of your academic life at NTU.
Get started today with your online induction to NTU.
6. Let us know if you have any specific support needs. From academic and language support to wellbeing or learning with a disability, we're here to make sure you have the right support in place.
7. Confirm your accommodation and start thinking about what you need to bring. to make your accommodation feel like home.
8. Register with a student health centre or local medical practice. Before coming to NTU check you're up to date with all your vaccinations such as Meningitis ACWY, which is recommended and free for all new students under the age of 25, and the COVID-19 vaccine.
9. Joining our social media groups is a great way to get a taste of student life and start meeting new people. Now's the time to start thinking about your life outside lectures – from music and culture to sports and societies, starting University is the perfect opportunity to try something new.
10. Plan your arrival around your course start date, which you’ll find in your course induction information. It is vital that you arrive on time so you have the opportunity to be introduced to course staff, the facilities and resources you'll use and for the start of your course modules. If you’re an international student travelling from overseas, plan your journey to Nottingham.
Once you arrive
Attend your course induction and get involved in Welcome activities. Taking place from Monday 9 January to Friday 10 February 2023, Welcome is the perfect opportunity to experience different cultures, meet new people and make friends.