Your Starting at NTU Checklist
Before you arrive at NTU there are a few things you need to do to make your transition to University as smooth as possible. From enrolment to funding, course inductions to meeting new people – we're here for you every step of the way.
2. Order your NTU Student Card by uploading a passport-style photo to our portal by Thursday 7 September 2023.
You'll be able to collect your student card in person from your NTU/UPP Hall of Residence or your preferred collection point on campus.
After Thursday 7 September 2023, you will no longer need to upload a photo and you will be able to collect your student card in person at NTU.
Activate your card as soon as you receive it – step 6 on our how to enrol page explains why it's so important to activate your card.
3. Before you arrive at NTU it’s important that you make sure your funding is in place (UK students).
International students will need to make arrangements to pay the rest of your tuition fees in full, or set up a plan to pay your fees in instalments. You'll be asked to do this as part of online enrolment. When you arrive and open a UK bank account you can change the payment details on your instalment plan, if necessary. You can find detailed information on paying your fees on our International pages.
4. Find your course induction timetable and complete your pre-arrival task. Most courses have a pre-arrival task, designed to get you thinking about your subject. The task is an important part of your induction, so complete it before you arrive.
5. Once you have completed your enrolment, you’ll need to get the MyNTU app so you can access NOW (NTU's Online Workspace). NOW offers resources and information to support your studies and enables you to organise all aspects of your academic life at NTU.
10. Plan your arrival around your course start date, which you’ll find in your course induction information. It is vital that you arrive on time so you have the opportunity to be introduced to course staff, the facilities and resources you'll use and for the start of your course modules. If you’re an international student travelling from overseas, plan your journey to Nottingham.