EU Excellence Scholarship
We want to show our support and commitment to European students who would like to join our student community at Nottingham Trent University. We are offering an EU Excellence Scholarship to students from the EU who start their studies with us in September 2021 or January 2022. You'll find the details on this page.
What is the scholarship?
We are offering an EU Excellence Scholarship to students from the EU who start their studies at Nottingham Trent University in September 2021 or January 2022.
The value of our scholarships vary by course...
- Nottingham Business School and School of Art & Design – up to £6,550
- All other Schools – up to £5,950
- Nottingham Business School – up to £6,800 (except MSc FinTech and Financial Markets – up to £8,050)
- Nottingham Law School – up to £8,000
- School of Social Sciences – up to £8,000
- School of Art & Design – up to £7,000
- School of Architecture, Design and the Built Environment – up to £7,000 (except MArch Architecture – up to £5,950)
- School of Arts and Humanities - up to £8,000 (except Journalism, International Development and English Language Teaching courses - up to £7,000)
- School of Science and Technology – up to £7,000
- School of Animal, Rural and Environmental Sciences – up to £7,000
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for consideration for the scholarship you need to be a permanent resident of an EU country, not hold settled or permanent residency status in the UK and have an offer to start an undergraduate or postgraduate taught course at Nottingham Trent University in September 2021 or January 2022.
The following countries are eligible for the award:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden.
What do I need to do to obtain the scholarship?
When you have applied and received an offer to study at NTU you can apply for an EU Excellence Scholarship. The Scholarship will depend on your academic performance and predicted grades and will vary, up to £8,050. It will be applied to your tuition fees. If you think you're eligible, complete this short form.
We will then check your details, including your academic history, and consider your application. If you are successful, we will confirm the amount of the award and apply this to your record. If you are unsuccessful, we will advise of any other scholarships that you may wish to apply for.
If you are awarded this scholarship and it is not visible on any correspondence relating to tuition fees, please contact us to let us know.
Can I still apply for an international scholarship?
Yes, you are still eligible to apply for one of our international scholarships.
In exceptional circumstances, outstanding candidates may be awarded a scholarship of up to 50% of your full fee.
Your tuition fees
The Admissions team may also contact you directly to request this information.
Terms and conditions
Please read the terms and conditions of the EU Excellence Scholarship before registering your interest.
Terms and conditions EU Excellence Scholarship
- You must be a self-financing student eligible to pay international tuition fees. Students who are sponsored are not eligible.
- This scholarship is applicable to new, full-time, taught undergraduate and postgraduate courses (excluding professional courses such as BTC, LPC, DBA and distance learning courses). It is awarded per year of study.
- Students who need to repeat the academic year will be required to pay the full international fee.
- Your fee cannot also be reduced by another arrangement, such as a corporate contract or a partnership discount.
- You may qualify for both the scholarship and an international scholarship but your total fee reduction must not exceed 50% of your tuition fees.
- This scholarship will be a tuition fee reduction. If you are confirmed for this scholarship, your fee will be adjusted before you enrol.
- It is not possible to defer this scholarship to a future year of entry.
- All decisions on eligibility for these fee reductions are at the University's discretion and are final.
- If you are a recipient of the EU Excellence Scholarship, we may ask you to appear in online and/or printed university marketing materials. For example, providing a student profile and photograph which may be used to promote the University.