EU Excellence Scholarship
We are offering an EU Excellence Scholarship to students from the EU who start their studies with us in September 2022 and January 2023.
What is the scholarship?
The scholarship is a tuition fee reduction off each year of your course. The value of the scholarship varies and the maximum amount depends on your course.
The scholarship will be worth up to £6,350.
For courses in Nottingham Business School and Nottingham School of Art and Design the scholarship will be worth up to £6,950.
The scholarship will be worth up to £9,200.
"I was very happy when I found out the EU Excellence Scholarship was available. Instead of paying full international fees of £15,000, this scholarship meant I could pay £9250 which made a huge difference and allowed me to study at NTU. It was a big relief to receive this scholarship and my parents were really happy."
Maria Elena Bottiroli, Italy
BA (Hons) Education
Check your subject area below...
Postgraduate subject areas
- Art and Design – from £4,850 up to £7,050
- Architecture Design and the Built Environment – from £4,850 up to £7,050
- Arts and Humanities – from £7,050 up to £8,150
- Animal, Rural and Environmental Sciences – up to £7,050
- Business – from £7,000 up to £7,100
- Education – up to £8,150
- Law – up to £8,150
- Science and Technology – up to £7,050
- Social Sciences – from £8,150 up to £9,200
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for consideration for the scholarship you need to:
- be a permanent resident of an EU country,
- not hold settled or permanent residency status in the UK, and
- have an offer to start an undergraduate or postgraduate taught course at Nottingham Trent University in September 2022 or January 2023.
The following countries are eligible for the award:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden.
If you have been granted Settled or Pre-settled status in the UK, you may qualify for home fees. We can also remove any international conditions on your offer.
If this applies to you, please upload evidence of your Settled or Pre-settled status, along with a share code, to your applicant portal or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may need to complete a fee assessment form.
How to apply
When you have applied and received an offer to study at NTU you can apply for an EU Excellence Scholarship. If you think you're eligible, complete our application form below.
We will then check your details, including your academic history, and consider your application. If you are successful, we will confirm the amount of the award and apply this to your record. If you are unsuccessful, we will advise you of any other scholarships that you may wish to apply for.
We will assess applications after each of these deadlines:
- Wednesday 12 January
- Wednesday 16 February
- Wednesday 16 March
- Wednesday 11 May
- Wednesday 29 June
Terms and Conditions EU Excellence Scholarship
- You must be a self-financing student eligible to pay international tuition fees. Students who are sponsored are not eligible.
- This scholarship is applicable to new, full-time, taught undergraduate and postgraduate courses (excluding professional courses such as BTC, LPC, DBA and distance learning courses). It is awarded per year of study.
- Students who need to repeat the academic year will be required to pay the full international fee.
- Your fee cannot also be reduced by another arrangement, such as a corporate contract or a partnership discount.
- You may qualify for both the scholarship and an international scholarship but your total fee reduction must not exceed 50% of your tuition fees.
- This scholarship will be a tuition fee reduction. If you are confirmed for this scholarship, your fee will be adjusted before you enrol.
- It is not possible to defer this scholarship to a future year of entry.
- All decisions on eligibility for these fee reductions are at the University's discretion and are final.
- If you are a recipient of the EU Excellence Scholarship, we may ask you to appear in online and/or printed university marketing materials. For example, providing a student profile and photograph which may be used to promote the University.
Other EU funding
A variety of external organisations including governmental agencies, charities and industry also offer funding opportunities for. Further information is available from: