Fatima Gillani is a Senior Research Fellow in the Centre for Business and Industry Transformation (CBIT) at Nottingham Business School.
Fatima is a PhD in Operations and Supply Chain Management and specializes in technology and innovation management. Her focused areas of research/interest revolve around industry/operations/supply chain transformations through disruptive technologies.
- Unearthing the Digital transformation of firm operations.
- Classifying digital strategies in lieu of the environmental pressures faced by firms.
- Developing strategic roadmap for digitalization with focus on industry 4.0, industry 5.0 and lean operations.
- Digital supply chain systems, digital capabilities, their interactions for better resilience and agility.
- Electrification of transport in developing economies.
- Assessing supply chain readiness for state level technological transitions.
- Understanding the intricacies and interactions of institutional voids in supply chains.
- Explore the impact of institutional voids on supply chain risk management and Electric vehicle initiatives.
- Analysed raw data on Women Owned Business and Multinational Companies to bridge the gap between them.
- Identified problem areas for Women Owned Businesses thriving to be part of global supply chains.
- Performed demand supply gap analysis based on industrial sectors.
- Prepared Consultancy report - identified training avenues for Women Owned Business and Multinational Firms to promote Gender Inclusive Global Supply Chains.
- Reviewer for Internal Journal of Production Economics (SSCI, ABDC - A).
- Reviewer for Benchmarking An international.
- Gillani, F., Chatha, K. A., Jajja, S. S., & Farooq, S. (2020). Implementation of Digital Manufacturing Technologies: Antecedents and Consequences. International Journal of Production Economics. (SSCI, ABDC – A).
- Gillani, F., Chatha, K. A., Jajja, S. S., & Farooq, S. (2018). Enablers of adoption of digital manufacturing technologies: A Technological, Organisational and Environmental Perspective. Paper presented at Asian Management Research Conference, Bhurban, Pakistan from March 23 – 24, 2018.
- Gillani, F., Chatha, K. A. (2018). In Depth Understanding of Digitalization Phenomenon: A Taxonomical Approach. Paper presented at 2018 Annual Meeting of the Decision Sciences Institute, Chicago, IL, USA from November 17 – 19, 2018.
- Gillani, F., Chatha, K. A., Jajja, S. S. (2019). A Configuration study of Digitalization. Paper presented at Asian Management Research Conference, Al-Ain, UAE from March 24 – 26, 2019.
Submitted Manuscripts (Under Review):
- Gillani, F., Jajja, S. S., Chatha, K. A. Responsiveness to Data Driven Innovation: Taxonomy based on Digitalization Drivers, Enablers and Outcomes. Submitted to IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management (SSCI, ABDC – A*).
- Chatha, K. A., Jajja, S. S., Gillani, F., Farooq, S. Technology-Organization-Environment framework and Supply Chain Integration. Submitted Benchmarking An International Journal (SSCI, ABDC – B).
- Gillani, F., Chatha, K. A., Jajja, S. S. The drivers, enablers and outcomes of digitalization: An Integrative Framework.
- Gillani, F., Chatha, K. A., Jajja, S. S. Digitalizing Firm Operations: A guide for the Transformation Process.
- Gillani, F., Digital technologies and firm performance: Exploring the mediating role of organizational factors.
- Gillani, F., The impact of digitalization on Supply Chain Risk management.
- Gillani, F., Digitalized Supply Chains: Unravelling the dynamics of Digital networks.
- Gillani, F., Jajja, S., Battery Electric Vehicle adoption in Developing Countries: Studying the Antecedents and Consequences from a Sustainability Perspective.
- Gillani, F., Jajja, S., Identifying Benchmark Practices for BEV adoption – Creating a guideline for developing countries.
- Gillani, F., Jajja, S., Battery Electric Vehicle Diffusion in Developing Countries: A Value Chain Analysis of Pakistan.
- Chatha, k., Matloub, H., Gillani, F., Assessing organizational readiness for Digital Supply Chain Management System Infusion.
- Chatha, k., Gillani, F., Matloub, H., Exploring the role of operational capabilities in Digital Supply Chain Management infusion.