Skip to content

Accommodation for January starters

Postgraduate students in kitchen

Nottingham Trent University has a range of accommodation options available across all campuses. It’s quick and easy to sign up – no need for a guarantor.

We have the following available on contract commencing January and ending on 29 July 2021:

  • Ensuite rooms – starting at around £135/week
  • Rooms with shared bathroom facilities – starting at around £106/week
  • Studio rooms – starting at around £174/week

Most of the rooms are in flats for undergraduate students aged between 18 and 21, but we do have some accommodation suitable for mature and/or postgraduate students.

We also have a limited number of contracts in the Sandby residence starting 16 January 2021 and ending 7 January 2022 – you can find more information here.

How to book: Your step-by-step guide

Step 1: Look at your options

Browse our website to look at our accommodation options – you can view videos and 360 degree photos. You can call our team on + 44 (0)115 848 2894 (Press options 2, then 1 to come through to the team) if you’d like to find out more details about a particular residence and the rooms available there.

Step 2: Submit online request form

Once you know your accommodation preferences complete our online request form

Step 3: Accept your accommodation and set up your payments

We’ll send you a contract for accommodation. Once you receive it you’ll need to:

  • Make a payment of £200 – this is your deposit
  • Set up a payment plan for your rent
  • Sign the contract

Step 4: Get ready to move in

You can join the Facebook groups to start meeting your future flatmates.

Cancellation Policy

If you take a contract starting January 2021 then you will be able to cancel as long as you complete our cancellation request form by Wednesday 6 January 2021. Once this deadline has passed you will need to pay rent for the entire period of the contract.

Frequently asked questions

My course runs January to January, but I’ve booked accommodation January to July – what can I do for the second part of my course.

Many students make friends with people on their course and find accommodation in the private sector for the second half of the year. Once students have arrived and settled in Student Accommodation Services will be in touch with students who’s bookings ending in July to find out if they need assistance with accommodation for the second part of their course.

My family are travelling with me to Nottingham, can I live in halls?

Halls of residence are only for students and are not suitable for those bring their family. You will need to look for accommodation in the private sector. NTU work with a charity called Unipol Student Homes who can offer advice and guidance on housing in Nottingham.

How do I contact accommodation?

You can contact NTU Student Accommodation by phone on + 44 (0)115 848 2894 or email with your query.

Still need help?

+44 (0)115 941 8418