Performance Sport opportunities
We're committed to attracting and developing dedicated young athletes in a range of sports. We run performance squads in a number of disciplines, and provide some amazing opportunities and benefits to enrolled competitors.
Our performance squads have been strategically selected to allow us to support a range of high performing student athletes in meeting their potential. Students in our performance squads receive access to a variety of services including:
- specialist coaching from some of the leading practitioners in their sports
- pre-season programme in August / September (start week is sport specific)
- weekly strength and conditioning coaching in NTU’s high performance centre
- access to weekly triage, prehab and rehab physiotherapy in our designated physiotherapy facilities at Clifton and City campuses
- sport specific nutrition and psychology guidance
- all transport and accommodation costs to BUCS fixtures / competitions
Performance squads are:
Our Performance Sport guide is a useful resource for prospective student athletes thinking about studying at NTU. You can access our Performance guide here and learn more about the range of services and support provided to student athletes whilst studying at NTU.
In the past 10 years NTU have made significant strides up the BUCS league table and are now ranked in the top 10 in the U.K