NBS Business Leaders Series
Behind every great company is a great leader. Nottingham Business School strives to learn from the first-hand experience, advice and knowledge of these industry pioneers - this is Business Leaders.
Nottingham Business School Business Leaders Podcast
Episode twelve: Sam Thorne
Sam Thorne is director of the critically acclaimed Nottingham Contemporary gallery… the gallery that has helped secure Nottingham’s place on Britain’s cultural map. By trade he is a writer, curator, magazine editor and art critic. But his stewardship of first the Tate St Ives gallery, where he was previously artistic director, and for the last five years Nottingham Contemporary have made him a prominent leader in British Arts.
Listen to the episode below.
Previous Nottingham Business School Business Leaders lectures
Our engaging series of guest lectures from business leaders offer valuable insight into a variety of topics and sectors. Take a look at some of our previous events below and watch recordings of the lectures.
John Finch, Chief Information Officer at Refinitiv - The Future of Business
We are living through an age of exponential growth in technology capacity and capability, powered by big data, cloud and artificial intelligence – how can businesses accelerate beyond the speed of this change together with their customers?
Nathan Bostock, CEO for Santander, UK - The importance of support for SMEs, internships and entrepreneurship to the regional economy
Nathan Bostock discusses the importance of support for SMEs and entrepreneurship for the regional economy, and how internships can play a role in this.
Frances Haque, Chief Economist for Santander, UK - Where is the UK economy heading – what might the future impacts be?
This talk addresses the current state of the UK economy - what the economic indicators are telling us about how well the economy is faring, and from this what can we insinuate about its immediate prospects.
Professor Sir Ralf Speth, CEO for Jaguar Land Rover - Driving sustainable mobility through innovation
Personal mobility has transformed society. In his lecture, Professor Sir Ralf Speth discusses how innovations in the automotive industry and elsewhere can pave the way to a future of sustainable mobility.
Mary Hunter, Chief People Officer for Columbus - Your Future is Formed Today!
Drawing from her personal experience and expertise, Mary offers advice on how to leverage personal strengths to enhance your future, with the confidence to control and navigate the emotional journey from student life to employment.
- Jennifer Holloway - Developing your Personal Brand: People Buy People…But Are They Buying You?
- Antreas Athanassopoulos - The New Retail Landscape: 12 Themes and Challenges of Everyday Business
- Air Chief Marshal Sir Andrew Pulford GCB, CBE, ADC - Commander, Manager or CEO?
- Sir Kenneth Olisa OBE - The Future of Business and What Comes Next?
- James Horsley - Adventures in Fashion Finance
- John Jeffcock - Career networking all the way to CEO
- Eric Cornuel - Business and Management Education: Innovations and role in global economic and social development
- Matthew Blain - The path to better jobs
- Sarah Walker-Smith - On purpose…developing leadership skills and achieving more by reconnecting with your purpose
- Peter Ayliffe - Leadership and Management in the UK today
- Ian Curryer - Punching our economic weight: Nottingham's ambitions as one of UK's nine Core Cities
- Professor Richard Parry-Jones CBE - The Future of the Automobile: Sustainable Mobility
- Kath Durrant - Developing Culture and Employee Engagement in Large Organisations
- Ann P Francke - Stop Managing; Start Achieving: Why Management Needs a Makeover
- Ian McCafferty - "Where Next for Business Investment?"
- Bill Grimsey - "Preparing Town Centres and High Streets for the 21st Century"
Sharing knowledge and experience is the key to success. We’re eager to offer our expertise, research, experience, and professional contacts with businesses and professionals alike.