Dr O'Neill is a Reader in Politics and holder of the Jean Monnet Chair in EU Politics.
Mike's research interests are:
- EU institutional reform, notably reforming EU governance to reduce democracy deficits
- EU security policy and the future of Atlanticism
- European identity politics - comparative study of identity issues, governance and political stability
- The political impact of migration and Muslim identity in the EU with regard to the multiculturalism debate
Honorary Chairs in European Politics at:
- Babes Bolyai University, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
- University of Novi Sad, Serbia
- Jean Monnet Chair
- Visiting profeswsor at Sciences Po, Lille, France
Award of an honorary doctorate from the University of Novi Sad, Serbia in recognition of contribution to European integration in South East Europe.
Sponsors and collaborators
Contribution to a book on European-American public policy resulting from the Euroism network sponsored by the Government Department at the State University of New York (Buffalo), to be published by Routledge (2014).
Keynote paper on the future of Atlanticism at the 2013 conference of the European Historical Association, Cluj-Napoca, Romania - proceedings to be published in Nomos (2014).