Lecturer in Strategic Management
Matthew is currently a Lecturer in Strategic Management.
Matthew previously held roles at:
- Coventry University - Lecturer in Ethical Business
- University of Leicester Business School - Lecturer in Economics for Management
- University College Dublin, School of Classics - First year tutor
Prior to academia Matthew held roles including:
- Merrill Lynch, Bond Middle Office, Dublin and London
- Allied Irish Bank Home Mortgages, Dublin.
Matthew is currently pursuing a PhD in Nottingham University Business School, at the University of Nottingham (submission in April 2013). Supervisors: Prof. Tony Watson and Prof. Gerardo Patriotta. The PhD thesis title is Corporate Social Responsibility and institutional logics: an ethnography in a multinational healthcare firm.
Sponsors and collaborators
Matthew is a CSR Consultant for a multinational healthcare (Medical Devices & Pharmaceuticals) firm.
- BAM 2012 British Academy of Management 11th September 2012 CSR and institutional logics: A reconceptualisation and recontextualisation of sustainable and responsible organization and management.
- IFSAM 11th World Congress 26-29th June 2012 The possibility for agency in institutional theory, the case for management in CSR adoption
Dr Wallis can offer comment on organisational ethics; organisational scandal; business ethics; Corporate Social Responsibility; stakeholder relations; organisational trust; and organisational legitimacy.